Bath Spa University
Build on more than 160 years of tradition Bath Spa University is where creative minds meet.
Its campuses are based in and around the city of Bath and offer a mix of period buildings and ultramodern, innovative teaching facilities.
Bath Spa University offers teaching and research across art, sciences, education, social science, and business. The university employs outstanding creative professionals who support its aim to be a leading educational institution in creativity, culture and enterprise.
Bath, England, United Kingdom
- Bath Business School
- Bath School of Art and Design
- College of Liberal Arts
- Culture and Environment
- Music and Performance and Writing
- Film and Digital Creativity
- Institute of Education
- Sir Howard Hodgkin – Turner Prize winning artist.
- Dame Anita Lucia Roddick – founder of the Body Shop, human rights activist and environmental campaigner.
- Peter Flannery – BAFTA award winning playwright and screenwriter.
- Jason Gardener – British Olympic champion.
- Glenn Brown – Turner Prize winning artist.
- Kate Garraway – Television and radio presenter.
- Roger Deakins – Oscar Winner and multiple Academy Award nominated cinematographer.
- Salima Hashmi – Artist and human rights activist.
- Mo Hayder – author of crime and thriller fiction.
- Axel Scheffler – artist and illustrator of the Gruffalo.
Key strengths in teaching and research
- Art & Design
- Creative Writing
- Drama, Dance & Cinematics
- Environmental Humanities
- Food Science
Bath Spa University was awarded the HR Excellence in Research. This award reflects the University’s current and on-going commitments to maintaining an active research portfolio. This commitment extends to concentrating on developing the research environment for our staff and students and building on our areas of strength while also fostering new research areas.
Creative Universities – Which? University Student Survey 2017
Teaching Excellence Framework, 2017
Complete University Guide 2015
Bath Spa University is located in the historic city of Bath, in Somerset. Bath is a UNESCO World Heritage city with a history going back to Roman times who established the city as a thermal spa city, hence the name. Bath is one of the UK’s most popular tourist destinations and full of wonderful sites to visit and experience. It has a rich and vibrant cultural scene, beautiful architecture and an eclectic mix of museums, coffee bars, restaurants, galleries and theatres.
Scholarships and Funding
Bath Spa University has various funding and scholarship arrangements in place for international students. Scholarships may be offered by the university itself, some by the British Government, whilst others are country-specific scholarships or study loans, part of an agreement with funding bodies across Latin America. Below is an overview of opportunities available to Latin American students interested in studying at Bath Spa University.
For further information please do some research directly with these funding bodies, or contact the Inova Education team and we can assist you identifying opportunities available in your country. Note that in most cases you cannot apply for scholarships or study loans until after you have secured a university offer.