Students will study among internationally renowned and inspirational academics working at the forefront of their fields and engaged in pioneering research; some will have even written your textbooks.
Leeds has one of the largest range of courses on offer in the UK, with more than 300 undergraduate and 200 taught postgraduate programmes taught across seven faculties.
- Leeds, England
Number of students
- 9,000+ Students from 170 countries
- Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Cultures
- Faculty of Biological Sciences
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences
- Faculty of Environment
- Faculty of Medicine and Health
- George Porter (Nobel Prize in Chemistry)
- Jose Angel Gurria (former Secretary-General of the OECD)
- Keith Starmer (Leader of the British Labour Party)
- Jack Straw (Former Foreign Secretary)
- Richard Quest (CNN News Presenter)
- Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits)
- Piers Sellers (NASA Astronaut)
The University of Leeds is a member of the Russell Group
Key strengths in teaching and research
- Communication and Media Studies
- Food Science and Nutrition
- Transportation Science and Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biological Sciences
90% of University of Leeds research has a quality rating of “world-leading” or “internationally excellent”(Research Excellence Framework, 2021)
QS World University Rankings 2023
For communication and media studies QS World University Subject Rankings 2022
for Civil, Electronic and Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Guardian & Complete University Guides 2023
Leeds is a lively and multicultural city in the centre of the UK, with the University campus just a 10-minute walk from the city centre. Leeds is well connected nationally and internationally with excellent transport links by road, rail and air. Leeds has everything you would expect from the UK’s third-largest and fastest-growing city and the city is surrounded by beautiful, accessible countryside. Leeds is also the 2nd largest business centre in the UK after London and one of the most popular student cities in the UK.
Leeds is a great place to live and has an impressive range of student accommodation from modern, purpose-built apartments to converted mansions both on and off campus. University accommodation, both catered and self-catered, is guaranteed for students paying international fees who apply before the deadline.
The university invests millions of pounds each year into campus facilities to ensure that students enjoy a first-class environment – from brand new laboratories and lecture theatres to one of the largest libraries in the UK. The Edge is the university’s state-of-the-art fitness, sport and well-being facility, which includes a 25m eight-lane swimming pool and one of the largest fitness suites of any UK university.
- The University of Leeds was awarded a Gold rating in the Teaching Excellence Framework (2017), the highest award possible and staff have been awarded 25 National Teaching Fellowships – more than any other university in the UK.
- Leeds is a member of the Russell Group and ranked in the top 100 in the QS World University Rankings 2023.
- 4th in the UK and 22nd in the world for communication and media studies (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022)
- Top 10 in the UK for Food Science and Nutrition (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- Top 20 for Transportation Science and Technology (Shanghai’s Global Ranking of Academic Subjects 2022)
- Top 50 in the world for Environmental Sciences (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2022)
- 4th in the UK for Civil Engineering (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- Top 10 in the UK for Electronic and Electrical Engineering (Guardian University Guide 2023)
- 6th in the UK for Mechanical Engineering (Complete University Guide 2023)
- Top 20 in the UK for Biological Sciences (Complete University Guide 2022)
- Top 10 in the UK for Law (Complete University Guide 2023)
- Top 50 in the world for development studies (QS World University Rankings 2022)
- Top 15 in the UK for sociology (QS World Rankings by Subject 2022)
Did you know?
- Leeds is one of the top 40 most international universities in the world
(Times Higher Education, 2022).
- The Leeds University Union is one of the best and most active students’ unions in the country. With more than 300 student-led clubs and societies, there is something for everyone whatever your interest, including a .
- The University of Leeds is in the Top 5 most targeted university by graduate recruiters in the UK (The Graduate Market in 2022, High Fliers Research).
- Work placements, live projects and fieldwork opportunities through your course can allow you to build your experience and boost your employability.
The University of Leeds has various scholarships available for international students, each country may offer different scholarships and/or student loans. For further information please contact the Inova Education team. We are experts in this field and will help you to identify the best option for you.