University of the West of England, Bristol
The forward-thinking University is the largest provider of higher education in the South West of England, committed to providing practice-oriented programmes incorporating work-integrated learning.
- Bristol, England, United Kingdom
Number of Students
- Arts, Creative Industries and Education
- Business and Law
- Environment and Technology
- Health and Applied Sciences
- City Campus
- Frenchay Campus
- Glenside Campus
- Gloucester Campus
Key strengths in teaching and research
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Building and Town & Country Planning
- Design & Crafts
- Earth & Marine Sciences
- Electronic & Electrical Engineering
- Film Production & Photography
- Journalism, Publishing & Public Relations
(The Guardian University Guide per Subject, 2018; UK ranking)
UWE has research strengths in several areas ranging from robotics and big data to appearance issues.
for Film Production & Photography – The Guardian University Guide per Subject, 2018
Guardian League Table 2020
for Philosophy – The Guardian University Guide per Subject, 2018
Located 90 minutes away from London, Bristol is the Southwest’s largest city and considered one of the best places to live in the UK.
This vibrant city is famous for its musical scene, culture, great restaurants and its amazing street art.
A small city that offers all the diversity and the feeling of a bigger place, with a greater quality of life having spaces as Wales, Devon, Somerset and the Cotswolds on your doorstep.
Programmes in the Spotlight
- Animation MA.
This course will help you develop storytelling and craft skills to allow you to gain entry-level jobs in the animation industry. Bristol is a global centre of excellence in animation, film and television production, it attracts students from around the world. Bristol is the place to study animation, home to Aardman Animations, A Productions, Arthur Cox and other internationally renowned animation companies. You will learn from the best in the business, gaining industry insight as well as work experience opportunities and the chance to attend networking events and screenings.
- BSc (Hons) ArchitectureRanked 4th nationally for student satisfaction in UWE architecture courses (The Guardian University League Tables 2018), UWE produces sought-after graduates with specialist knowledge and the skill to create exciting buildings. Be taught by industry-experienced lecturers and visiting tutors, many of whom run their own architectural practices. Assess and review architecture on day trips and residential field trips in the UK and abroad. Gain real-world experience in internships and graduate ready for the next step in your professional studies.
- MSc Engineering ManagementThe MSc Engineering Management is ideal for engineers who want to mix technical and business learning with one customisable programme. The dedicated engineering facilities include a flight simulator, subsonic and supersonic wind tunnels, a motorsport workshop, specialist laboratories and industry-standard simulation suites.
- BA (Hons) Media and JournalismTheir strong industry links with Bristol’s cultural scene ensure ongoing input from journalists and broadcasters, innovative companies and arts organisations. UWE partners contribute to live briefs, masterclasses and research projects, and offer volunteering and work experience. Benefit from regular guest lectures and take on placements at organisations like the BBC, Bristol Post and Bristol City Council.
Did you know?
- UWE is home to the Bristol Robotics Laboratory, an academic centre for multi-disciplinary robotics research and the largest robotics laboratory in Europe.
- The university ranks 7th in the UK for student satisfaction (source: National Student Survey, 2018)
- UWE has been awarded Gold status in the Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF)
Scholarships and Funding
The University of the West of England, Bristol has various funding and scholarship arrangements in place for international students. Scholarships may be offered by the university itself, some by the British Government, whilst others are country-specific scholarships or study loans, part of an agreement with funding bodies across Latin America. Below is an overview of opportunities available to Latin American students interested in studying at the University of the West of England, Bristol.
For further information please do some research directly with these funding bodies, or contact the Inova Education team and we can assist you identifying opportunities available in your country. Note that in most cases you cannot apply for scholarships or study loans until after you have secured a university offer.